icon-address.png1276 W. Main St.  Bellevue, OH  44811

Capitol History

2011 Aquisition of equipment for double hung and single hung window lines.
2009 wbenc logoConstructed a test wall and lab in the facility for assured long term product quality and reliability. Capitol Aluminum & Glass Corporation becomes a WBE/FBE (woman-owned business enterprise)
2003 Constructed a new state of the art material handling and warehouse building, bringing the total facility to 75,000 sq. ft., situated on 19 acres.
1996 The Model 1850T Storefront System is added to the commercial doors and window systems line.
1992 Production of the Fiberglass Reinforced Polyester (FRP) flush doors begins.
1988 Production of the Flush Aluminum Panel (FAP) commercial doors begins.
1987 Total office and production space now is 65,000 sq. ft. The production of specialized equipment is discontinued.
1986 Completion of another 20,000 sq. ft. plant building on the site for production of insulating glass units.
1984 Built a 20,000 sq. ft. third plant building on the site devoted entirely to window production.
1982 Established production of Heat Mirror insulating glass units into the product line.
1976 The manufacturing facility expanded with construction of a 10,000 sq. ft. second plant building, followed by 3 additions to original main building.
1973 Arab oil embargo results in increased interest in energy conservation.  School buildings became a
prominent focus of marketing the newly designed window product. Production of school building
doors were expanded.
1969 Company began to focus on commercial doors and windows design and production. Began the design of projected vent windows, as replacement windows for institutional buildings.
1968 Incorporated as Capitol Aluminum & Glass Corporation with the main office at 1276 West Main St. Bellevue, Ohio.
1966 New plant constructed to house both operations on US Rte 20, west of Bellevue, Ohio on a larger acreage plant site.
1965 Produced first welded corner PVC windows.
1964 Worked with B.F. Goodrich on development of PVC storm windows and doors.
1963 Contract consultant with Alcoa to develop a line of residential products and equipment to produce the products for a lineal fabricator program. Set up three fabricator plants for Alcoa.
1959 Aluminum Tool Engineering (ATE) Div. established for manufacture of specialized production equipment for aluminum windows and doors sold nationally. ATE patented the first door assembly machine.
1956 Capitol Aluminum Products Company founded by Robert C. Wagner as a regional manufacturer of residential aluminum products.